Humanitarian and Compassionate Ground
Humanitarian and Compassionate Considerations:
You may apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:
- are a foreign national currently living in Canada; and
- need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or Regulations in order to apply for permanent residence within Canada;
- believe you would experience unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship if you are not granted the exemption you need;
- are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
- Spouse or Common-Law Partner,
- Live-in Caregiver,
- Protected Person and Convention Refugees,
- Temporary Resident Permit Holder.
For further information regarding the procedures for applying for H&C, please contact our office.