CIC implemented a long-term Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for applicants seeking to visit their child or grandchild who is either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The single or multiple-entry Super Visa allows visitors to stay for a period of up to two years.
In order to obtain a Super Visa, you will need to apply at a visa office and provide:
- evidence of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident you wish to visit (e.g. birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official documents naming you as parent),
- a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild which includes arrangements for care and support,
- proof from your child or grandchild that he meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
- proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
- covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation,
- provides a minimum coverage of $100 000, and
- is valid for each entry to Canada and be available for review by a port of entry officer.
For further information regarding the procedures for applying for visitor visa or super visa, please contact our office.