This depends on a few factors, such as the job you want to do and the program and stream you apply under. In most cases, you will need any number of the following:
- a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which is a document from Employment and Social Development Canada that says the employer is allowed to hire you, if your job requires an LMIA;
- proof that your employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal if your job does not require an LMIA;
- proof that you are certified, accredited or qualified to work in the specific occupation;
- a work permit letter of introduction from a Canadian visa office; and
- a work permit issued at the border and usually stamped into your passport.
For further information regarding the procedures for applying for Canadian Temporary Residence under the work permit category, please contact our office.